This document updated June 1, 2011.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
This Site offers content that does not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us other than the following information for some content of our Site:
- Registration and Ordering – To purchase videos, complete an online registration to open an account. When you sign up for a MyChildPsychologist.com account, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address, username, and an account password). If you wish to purchase our videos, you will have to supply contact information (name and address) and financial information (credit card number, expiration date). This information is used to process your order. This contact information will be used if we have trouble processing an order. This Site will disclose identifying information to the Site’s attorneys to seek payment of fees owed to MyChildPsychologist.com.
- Marketing – The Site may use personal information you provide, such as your name and email address to contact you by email with updates to this Site, newsletters, new products, or special offers featured on MyChildPsychologist.com.
- Cookies – When you visit MyChildPsychologist.com, this Site will send cookies to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. This Site collects information about browsing habits of this Site, i.e., popular videos, etc. (but not in a personally-identifiable way). The information is aggregated for statistical analyses (e.g., what pages are most popular on this Site). Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Some MyChildPsychologist.com features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
- Server log information – When you use MyChildPsychologist.com, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit this Site. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a trackable number assigned to your PC every time you connect to the Web), browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. If you contact us, any requests submitted through our website will be stored on our servers at our hosting company.
- User communications – When you send email or other communication to MyChildPsychologist.com, this Site may retain all communications to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. The information you provide this Site will only be seen and discussed by the founders and employees of MyChildPsychologist.com.
- Links – MyChildPsychologist.com may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. This Site uses this information to improve the quality of our search technology and content.
- Legal obligations – MyChildPsychologist.com may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law; (b) comply with the order of a competent judicial authority in any jurisdiction; (c) comply with legal process served on MyChildPsychologist.com; or (e) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of MyChildPsychologist.com’s products or the public at large. Some situations that MyChildPsychologist.com could be required or mandated by law to disclose identifying information include: suspected or known abuse or neglect of a child, elder, or dependent disabled adult; expressed suicidal or homicidal ideations; and, when so directed by a court to assist in legal proceedings. (Depending upon your state or jurisdiction, we may be prohibited from disclosing information regarding homicidal ideations.)
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
MyChildPsychologist.com understands that it is a privilege to have you as a customer and it committed to protecting your personal information. This Site takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where personal data is stored. Access to personal information is restricted to MyChildPsychologist.com employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve this Site.
We use the following procedures to protect your personal information:
- Use of secure connections using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to safeguard information when transmitted from your Web browser to our server;
- Use of security controls to restrict access to databases housing personally identifying information;
- Use of encryption for sensitive personal information, such as credit card numbers;
- Restrict employee access to databases containing personal information and impose confidentiality requirements upon employees who do; and
- Bind subcontractors with contractual, technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information.
EMAIL A FRIEND, FACEBOOK POSTING, TWITTER POSTING
If you choose to share content from MyChildPsychologist.com by email, the person or people you choose to share with will see that you are sending it to them. Your name and email address along with the content and Website address from MyChildPsychologist.com will appear in the email. If you choose to share content through Facebook, the post will appear under your name along with the content and Website address from MyChildPsychologist.com. If you choose to share content through Twitter, the content and Website address from MyChildPsychologist.com will appear in the message under your username. This Site, its psychologists, officers, directors, etc. are not responsible for information its users share with others. This Site is aware you may elect to share some information you have learned to others after reading or viewing the content of this Site. In doing so, you will necessarily disclose your name, (and in the case of email, your email address), etc. to third parties. The user hereby releases and forever discharges any and all claims it may have against this Site, its psychologists, etc. for disclosure of confidential information as a result of the user’s actions.
NON-U.S. CUSTOMER INFORMATION
If you are in the European Union and you choose to purchase MyChildPsychologist.com’s products, please be aware that payment for such products will be handled by First Data Merchant Services, 1307 Walt Whitman Road, Melville, NY 11747, Attn: Merchant Credit Card Processing/Sales Support. The following data may be turned over to this company solely for the purpose of processing the payment transaction: your name, bank account, and amount to be charged.
If you are in the European Union and you choose to purchase MyChildPsychologist.com’s products, please be aware that payment for such products will be handled by First Data Corporation, Inc., E Commerce LL; P.O. Box 91123, Seattle, Washington 98111-9223. The following data may be turned over to this company solely for the purpose of processing the payment transaction: your name, bank account, and amount to be charged. You have a right of access and rectification with regard to such data; to exercise these rights, or for other data privacy questions, please contact us.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this Site.